Drivers Vote for New Ford Focus EV Sounds
As you might already know, electric cars are quiet and require sound to alert pedestrians (particularly the blind), as well as animals. Automakers aren't yet mandated to integrate sounds into their EVs. However, lawmakers are becoming more stringent on the matter.
The 2012 Ford Focus EV is scheduled to launch by the end of the year, and while they've already created a dedicated page on their website, a few final details have yet to be determined... the EV's sounds, for example.
Anticipating the imminent passage of legislation requiring EVs to have integrated sound, Ford isn't trying to decide whether to add sound to the 2012 Focus EV. They're trying to decide what the sound will be. And, rather than make such a critical decision themselves, Ford is asking consumers to rank four different options on the Ford Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=163358687062875&set=a.123482424383835.19897.112397758825635&type=1&comments).
At this point, approximately 300 Ford fans have voted. To ensure your opinion is counted too, give your input soon. Ford is expected to keep the 'polls' open only through the end of the month.
2012 Ford Focus EV At a Glance- Run purely on leading-edge high-voltage lithium-ion batteries
- Distinctive energy panel allows owners to closely monitor energy consumption
- Single-speed transmission (matches high rpm range of an EV and delivers quick responsiveness and smooth acceleration)
- Competitive EV MPG
- Mapquest custom routes
- Smartphone app
- Customizable screens
- 240-Volt charging station
- Brake Coach (optimizes use of EV's regenerative braking system)
- MyKey Technology
- Intelligent Access
- Push-Button Start
- Sony audio system with HD radio
- Efficient navigation
- Eco-friendly seats crafted from post-industrial and bio(plant)-based materials
- MyFord Touch with dedicated EV content
- Illuminated charging port
- Athletic body to match its sporty performance
Stay tuned for details regarding pricing, exact EPA-estimated fuel economy, the final verdict regarding sounds and more, coming soon. Jerry's Ford Alexandria, located at 6510 Little River Turnpike, Alexandria, VA, is dedicated to keeping you informed.